Donations to Discovery

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Semi-Homemade Ravioli and Meat Sauce Outback Guglielmo style

You know - I watch all these cooking shows and they make such a big deal out of making everything from scratch - and I'm all for that - but frankly there's only so much time in the day and I don't and won't spend it all day cooking.

And I don't have to - because I've tasted enough "shortcut" components to know that I can amp a few things up with my own fresh ingredients and make it better than restaurant quality anyway.

So I was hankering for some Pasta and Marinara / Meat Sauce..... I know I know - not Paleo but I've been on a Strength - Growth Cycle lately and need a few extra carbs to fill the gap between where I am and where I wannabe.

So I went to Trader Joe's and picked up a few of my favorites:

- Super Lean Ground Beef
- Beef Bolognese Ravioli
- Organic Tomato Basil Marinara


I fortified the Lean Ground Beef with a generous helping of Salt - Pepper - Cayenne - Garam Masala - Hot Madras Curry Powder - Allspice - Cumin, my wet mix of 1 seasoned and beaten egg (sounds like me on an average day), Honey Mustard, Sriracha, Worcestershire, Soy Sauce, Tabasco, Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar and a generous portion of seasoned and diced Sweet Onions, Red Bell Pepper, Jalapeno Pepper and Carrot sticks.


And here's the rest of the components of an incredible Italian meal.


Did 5 minutes on the Beef Bolognese Ravioli in Boiling Water then threw the Rav's in a collander and hit 'em with some EVOO and dusted lightly with S&P and Italian Seasoning and a good helping of fresh julienned Basil and plated the first portion.


I took half the Onion - Pepper - Carrot diced mix and sauted it in a 2 quart pot with some EVOO and added 4 slices of diced Turkey bacon and a 6 oz portion of the lean ground beef mix and a generous dusting of Italian Seasoning and let it simmer for 10 minutes.


While that was going on, I sliced off a square of the Focaccia bread and split it down the middle and browned it crispy on both sides in a hot cast iron skillet.


Plated the Ravioli, coated it with the double meat amped up Marinara and a coat of shredded smoked Gouda, sided with Grilled Artichoke hearts, kalamata olives, a dollop of the Spinach-Kale-Greek Yogurt dip and the Focaccia  toast.


Let me tell ya what Sport Fans or Food Fans or Whatever, I might not have Devoured the Day but I damned sure devoured that Ravioli, Meat Sauce and Focaccia bread.

In the End Analysis, 2 of My Priorities in Life is to Be a Good Man that Eats Good.

I think I got the second one covered..... still working on the first one.


No comments:

Post a Comment