Donations to Discovery

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Living Life by the Drop!

Found this Rockin' station out of Albuquerque completely by mistake.

Several days ago, had my iPhone 4S on my belt clip and tuned into my Sick Puppies iHeart station and reached down to adjust the volume and somehow hit the screen and changed the station to KZRR 94 Rock....

I love it when accidents enrichen your life.

Been tuned into it ever since.


Was listening to it when this song came up I hadn't heard before and it was obviously Stevie Ray Vaughan, my Austin Texas boy!

Had to hit YouTube and listen to it again.

One of those short, sweet yet thought provoking bluesy tunes that just sticks to your ribs!

Not sure the circumstances that caused SRV to write this one but I think most of us can find a particular event, relationship or Time in Life they can plug into this blank and come back with a lot of memories - good and bad.

Just the theme of Living Life by the Drop fits right into my Life Thesis!

Sing it Stevie!


"Life By The Drop"
Hello there, my old friend
Not so long ago it was til the end
We played outside in the pouring rain
On our way up the road we started over again

You're living our dream oh you on top
my mind is aching,' Lord it won't stop
That's how it happens living life by the drop

Up and down the road in our worn down shoes
Talking about good things and singing the blues
you went your way and I stayed behind
We both knew it was just a matter of time

You're living our dream oh you on top
my mind is aching,' Lord it won't stop
That's how it happens living life by the drop

No wasted time, we're alive today
Churning up the past, there's no easier way
Time's been between us, a means to an end
God it's good to be here walking together my friend

We're living our dreams
my mind's stopped aching,'
That's how it happened living life by the drop
That's how it happened living life by the drop
That's how it happened living life by the drop

No comments:

Post a Comment