Donations to Discovery

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Saturday morning Praxis workout and Lunch at Clafouti's

My normal lack of time management and progressive procrastination nearly got me this morning as I raced to my 10:00 am Praxis workout on my bike arriving at a painfully late 10:08.... but the Gods of Monger and Mercy to Old Men were with me as I sped through the warm-up only to be confronted with a buffet of delectable menu choices for a 3-man team..... so I got 1/3 of everything shown.


Which was more than enough for me....

It ended up being 29 mins and 23 seconds of continuous Running, Power Snatching, Push Pressing, Kettle Bell Swinging and Cleaning.

I could feel the effect on my 5-1/2 mile uphill ride back up Agua Fria to the north side of Santa Fe.

Me and Bob Seger were riding "Against the Wind" and uphill..... bout the only thing missing was a school and snow.

It's an old Country joke.... if I have to explain... you wouldn't get it anyway.


I gotta tell ya.... I don't know how I've done it cause I gotta be one of the unluckiest SOBs that ever crawled the face of the earth.

But I have lucked upon one of the best bunch of people I've ever met at Praxis - www.thepraxislab.com

Not only are the Owner and his Staff knowledgeable in the art, craft and vocation of Exercise, Kinesiology and Body Fitness Optimization, but all of the Trainers and Athletes are some of the nicest, most personable and down to earth people you could hope for.

Yep..... I'm in Good Company!


And speaking of good company and good food.... I decided to take my nooner at Clafouti's.



If you wanna turn up the volume on your taste buds....

Then Clafouti's is your place.


I've tried a variety of things from their menu and I have to say without exception that every meal was the best of that dish I have ever had.

It's been years since I've had quiche but I had to try the artichoke and prosciutto quiche with a nice side salad.


Pumpkin flan?  Are you kidding me?  Yep - you guessed it - take the love child of your favorite flan and pumpkin pie.... and that's what you get!


So whacchu doing this Saturday?

Hell - I've already knocked down a pot of coffee, 3 blog posts, 11 miles of bike riding and a 30 minute CrossFit workout and had one of the best lunches I've ever had at a swank, little French bakery in Santa Fe.

So what's your excuse?

No comments:

Post a Comment