Donations to Discovery

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Angry Music - Angry Food - Angry Workout!

Unfortunately.... Yes I do remember almost Everything about my Life.

That's one of the reasons I am bound and determined not to repeat past mistakes.



Angry Music has been a topic of discussion between me and the Zen Master of Praxis - BJM - for some time now.  We both have our view on the type of music that is best for good workouts.  One comment I remember from the Oracle of El Dorado was something to the effect that Angry Music during workouts just makes people..... ANGRY!

To that I replied..... EXACTLY!  I'm not there to smile and handwave through a workout..... For me it's a gauntlet run through Whips and Chains.... so let's get MAD and get it over with!

His retort was that people focusing on the music aren't focusing on their workout and the proper technique of each exercise.

For me it's more about a recipe for Visualization.... How can I visualize myself jumping over a tall building or lifting the World on my shoulders when I'm listening to Pharrell's "Happy"?

Now this.... this makes me wanna Power through the Pain and stand on top of the Hill and scream "Who's Next?"



I wouldn't necessarily call this Angry Food but a bowl of Green Chile Pork Stew from SFBC will definitely cure what ails you!



This got my attention....



Taking the Natural way out as opposed to taking the road to Anti-Depressant-ville has its merits.  There's a lot you can do and should do with diet, nutrition, exercise, spices, spirituality and meditation before you go down the pharmaceutical path.



The haunting and dichotomous nature of the lyrics of this song caught my ear the other day:

"Blood"

I hate you for the sacrifices you made for me
I hate you for every time you ever bled for me
I hate you for the way you smile when you look at me
I hate you for never taking control of me

I hate you for always saving me from myself
I hate you for always choosing me and not someone else
I hate you for always pulling me back from the edge
I hate you for every kind word you ever said
I'll bleed you dry now

I love you for everything you ever took from me
I love the way you dominate and you violate me
I love you for every time you gave up on me
I love you for the way you look when you lie to me
I love you for never believing in what I say
I love you for never once giving me my way
I love you for never delivering me from pain
I love you for always driving me insane
I'll bleed you dry now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZF5m-vmDzM



Angry Workout Recovery!

Creatine Mix left from the workout - Blood of my Blood - Banana, Jalapeno, Carrot, Frozen Mango, Bourbon Vanilla Extract, Chocolate Protein Mix



That'll put some Angry Recovery back in your Angry Body!



Follow that up with a pound of 96% lean Angus Ground Beef and a pound of diced and seasoned veggies.



Angry Workout!

12 sets of Deadlifts!  Yeah that'll piss off your body!

8 mins of ass busting non stop get mad and get it done workout!



I was grouped to 2 angry studs Ed and Travis and held my own.



Now all I need is a little....



Here's my Painkiller.

A glass of Sweet Moscato wine.....

And 6oz of Ahi Tuna surrounded by Spring Mix, Arugula,  Olives, Mixed nuts and Baked Sweet Potato with cinnamon.



Yeah.... I got a few scars..... some you can see..... some you can't see.

But for better or worse - that's Who and What I am.



Can you say empty dance floor?

It amazes me how one Friday night you'd think this was Dance City and the next Friday night, nobody shows up but the DJ.



Oh well.... think I'll have a  midnight snack of ground beef - veggie mix and sweet potatoes.



And call this Angry Day.....

DONE!

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha "Yeah! That'll piss your body off" that's hilarious. Love this one especially

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it Kid! Hey - Everyday of Life is an adventure. If it doesn't evoke some sort of emotional response from you, then you probably didn't try hard enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even if that emotion is pure fury from having a hellacious week in nursing school

      Delete