Donations to Discovery

Saturday, October 17, 2015

A Week of Music Food and Workouts Part 1

Zakk Wylde and Black Label Society is fast becoming one of my favorite sounds.

The origin of the word "Berserk" comes from the frenzied ferocity of fighting done by ancient Norsemen, i.e. Viking and literally means "Bear Shirt" because of the bear skins the Vikings used to wear into battle.

And damned if Zach Wylde doesn't  look like a Viking!



































Damned if the lyrics don't sound like a Modern Viking!

"Berserkers"
Smokin', trippin', drinkin', never thinkin' what's to be
Another day, another war has come to set me free
The cage is broke, the tank is full, it's where the violence rules
Drinkin' booze and raisin' rifles, hell straight through and through

A never ending rolling nightmare with no end in sight
I start to drink, get high and smashed, it gets me feeling right
The cage is broke, the tank is full, it's where the violence rules
Drinkin' booze and raisin' rifles, hell straight through and through

Drinkin', pukin', pissin', and fightin'
Startin' all over again
Drinkin', pukin', pissin', and fightin'
Startin' all over again
Drinkin', pukin', pissin', and fightin'
Startin' all over again
Drinkin', pukin', pissin', and fightin'
Startin' all over again

Where I fall and where I rise, I couldn't give a damn
Another shot, another beer, is all that I have planned
The cage is broke, the tank is full, it's where the violence rules
Drinkin' booze and raisin' rifles, hell straight through and through


Well if you're gonna be Drinkin', pukin', pissin', and fightin'
You better eat something good!

So 'how bout a ready made TJ's Turkey and Rice stuffed bell pepper
Simply sided with fresh basil with EVOO, Kalamata Olives and Peccorino Romano cheese slices!


There's a Country song with lyrics "You better stand for something or you'll fall for anything"....

This is not it.


But this is one Country dude I will take my hat off to and one of my favorite heart string pulling songs of all time!


Rabbit Food - Arugula with sliced radishes, carrot sticks and strawberries


Ground Turkey Breast - Veggie mix patty with yellow squash and kale.


Combine those for a bright, beautiful and nutritious meal!


Bananas, strawberries and sweet potato.... that'll put a pep in your step.


I remember seeing the video of Iron Maiden's "Flight of Icarus" when I was in college and thought the video, the song and the lyrics were so cool!


Yes.  I am a Pink fan!

And her songs focus on the fallibility of self and about not relying on others for your happiness....

That about covers everything.


One dude that is not fallible is BJ Monger.... he's like EF Hutton..... when he talks, its best to listen.


Mr. Spectacular???? Hell this workout was made for me!


Ok.... maybe not.... I was last.... but damn I looked good doing it!


Finishing up the stuffed bell peppers with a Java Stout.


Not enough?  How bout some roasted chicken breast and my favorite sides trio - Basil with EVOO, Kalamata Olives and Pecorino Romano cheese.


Southern Boy Repeat.... Creamy grits, 2 eggs, 2 pieces of Turkey bacon.


Hey.... if you're a Millionaire.... who gives a shit what they call you!


BBQ Pulled Chicken with kale, sweet potato and an arugula salad with all the fixings!


Banana - Strawberries and Chile Mixed Nuts!


Is this all I do with my time..... Not exactly.  I also work for a living.

But what's a work week without Music, Food and Workouts!

No comments:

Post a Comment