Donations to Discovery

Sunday, October 4, 2015

A hike in the colors and clouds Part 2

If you were there you know magical this was....

And if you weren't, you wish you were!


Was relating to my hiking friend, Jim, how I decided about 5 years ago that sitting in front of a computer 70 hours a week was not the way I wanted to live my life.

So I put together a 5 year plan.....

And here I am.....

In a New Place and a New Life....


The last of the SuperUnctious Eggplant sandwiches - this one with the Turkey Bacon!


Lunch in the Clouds and Mist at 11,900'.

It doesn't get much better than this!


And a pause on a windblown ridge at the top of the ascent!


This little feature allows you to view 12 different peaks with tubes dialed in on each one of them.  Might wanna pick a clear day for this little gem!


I gotta tell you the ascent was wonderful for me....

The descent was challenging for my left knee but I held it together and Dave gave us a couple of rest and recupes on the way down.


The perfectly straight aspens gave it the feel of a golden gauntlet.....


Where we wound our way past the thousands of sentries....


We all seek our own form of Serenity but few can argue that we all touched a little bit of heaven today!


And speaking of Serenity and Heaven....

What better way to follow up on 4-1/2 hours of hiking....

But a Cast Iron Skillet grilled Ahi Tuna Steak over Spring Mix and Arugula with Tomato and Avocado, Brussel Sprouts, Red Bell Pepper and Sauted Banana with Cinnamon.....

With a little painkiller on the side in the form of some Hennesy Cognac!


Yeah..... I'll take it.... 

A Day to Remember.

Where I touched the Clouds....

Bathed in the Golden Aspens...

And Walked with Kindred Spirits.

4 comments: