Donations to Discovery

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Recap of yesterday

If you haven't noticed I'm riding my spare bicycle all over town for my errands... basically if it's not at night and I don't need to haul anything, I'm riding my bike... one thing I don't want to do is give back everything I've gained.... or gain back everything I've lost....

I'm as light now as I've been in at least 3 years.... still got about another 8 - 10 lbs to go... but definitely going in the right direction.

Like I said in an earlier post, I may have to go back on the road to get some rest.... but here's what I knocked out yesterday:
  • cleaned house, washed and folded clothes, washed dishes, ordered firewood, paid bills, paid taxes, checked on tires and tried to meet with the Brazosport Facts editor, made a haircut appointment....
  • made contacts in Santa Fe re inquiries on houses, real estate...
  • and oh yeah.... mowed and weedeated the yard.... actually blowing the leaves off the roof, out of the gutters and out of the flowerbeds was the hard part.... worked on this for about 3 hours till about DARK:30 and was about to go put on a bicycle helmet with the headlight on it and continue....

when I decided it was time to quit (when I was basically mowing in circles in the dark).... just like me .... just keep bulling forward.... sometimes I wonder.... anyway I finally shut 'er down....

and ran (well I actually drove my truck) over to Randall's to pick up some milk, OJ, Tecate, Limes and light bulbs..... geez half the lights in the house were out....

The wife gets home about then and I knock out another Cast Iron Skillet dish - kind of a repeat of the morning meal (I liked it for lunch... why not for supper!).... we talked about the day while she drank Chardonnay and I drank ice cold Tecate in a frosty mug with a lime soaked rim coated with salt and I mowed (yeah I know mowing was still on my mind cause I didn't finish - Grrrr!) through a platter full of sausage, tortillas, bell pepper, onion, garlic, jalapenos and 2 eggs.... Man I was so hungry...

Me and Mals got up from the table and went to the living room to watch my favorite good guy - bad guy.... Jack Bauer!

Yep - here comes 24 again!

I guess I'm gonna have to figure out some kind of satellite link up or something while I'm on the road..... cause I ain't missing my 24!

I mean come on..... this bad ass dude does most of the shizbah we wish we all could do but we gotta follow the rules.... only Jack got his own set of rules....

Ok I know I digress.... anyway I kept my eyes open long enough to see Renee Walker make it inside the Russian "ring of terror"....

and then hugged and kissed the wife and kicked the dog (just kiddin' - I don't have a dog) and staggered off to bed....

Whew! ...... I need a vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment