Donations to Discovery

Monday, September 24, 2012

How far are you willing to go?


How hard are you willing to push yourself?

I might have pushed a little too hard today. 

I began with High Impact Training at 8 am.... A shortened, slightly softer version of Boot Camp with  dynamic step movements, plyometrics and sprints. 

This was followed by a maxed out 8:45 am Body Pump with over 1000 reps of weights hitting all muscle groups. 

I rode my bike to the gym for the second time today for the 5:15 Boot Camp which is the hardest group exercise class at Family Fitness (IMHO) and the toughest workout I have done since 2 a days in high school football. 

I kept my heart rate in the Red Zone for 45 minutes never able to catch my breath and sweated buckets. 

Don't think I went into the Red Zone?

Look at my face after the workout. 


So how do you follow that kind of gut wrenching experience up?

Well of course with a max out meal watching Dancing With the Stars!


How bout a platter of Cajun Turkey, Summer Squash, Sweet Peppers, Onions, Baby Bella mushrooms, tomatoes and Bowtie pasta washed down with a Sam Adams Cherry Wheat. 

And finally, I wanna give a great big shout out and congrats to my sister Diana who doing her own Personal Body Challenge. 

She is 60 years old, works full time and has lost 28 lbs and is in her best shape in years. 

And she's doing it the right way.... With a sensible diet and consistent exercise and good lifestyle decisions. 

Every time I talk to her and hear the excitement in her voice about her latest weight loss or personal best, it inspires and motivates me to work that much harder. 

Did you give it your all today?

What will you do to be your best tomorrow?

A life well lived is a series of never ending discoveries, challenges and achievements. 

I can't wait to see what tomorrow holds!


No comments:

Post a Comment