Donations to Discovery

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Leg 2 Day 1 - North Richland Hills Tx to Weatherford Tx - 40 miles

Well - wasn't that fun.... actually it kinda was fun.... I've never ridden a bike while it's snowing before.

All things considered, it went pretty well.

I left too late (11:30 am) from North Richland Hills so I only made 40 miles to Weatherford instead of 58 miles to Mineral Wells, but considering the weather, I did OK.

Everything worked OK (except my Rockport XCS Waterproof? boots - don't get me started again). The only thing that got cold was my feet. I didn't have any close calls and per my earlier post, I had a lot of nice experiences with strangers who were concerned about me and willing to help.

I didn't set any land speed records but I did my best to ride my bike as safely as you can on a freeway when it's snowing..... come to think of it you probably shouldn't use the words "bike", "freeway" and "snowing" with the word "safely" in the same sentence, but I didn't get hit, didn't fall down and didn't have a flat..... and to me that's a good day on a bike any day.

End of Day Totals:

Leg 2
Day 1
Date Tue, 12/29/09
From 6040 Parker Blvd, North Richland Hills, Tx 76180
To Weatherford Tx
This Day's Miles Cycled = 40
This Leg Total Miles Cycled = 40
This Day's Miles Walked = 4
This Leg Total Miles Walked = 4
Discovering America on 2 Wheels Total Miles Cycled = 550
Discovering America on 2 Wheels Total Miles Walked = 32
Discovering America on 2 Wheels Total Miles Cycled & Walked = 582

No comments:

Post a Comment