Donations to Discovery

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

More Random Acts of Kindness

You know I experienced the goodness of people many times in the first leg of my Discovery of America.

Well - today in the last 20 miles of the 1st 40 miles of Leg 2, I had 6 different people stop and ask me if I needed help - now granted it was snowing and 33 deg but still.... 6 people.

One guy in a Chrysler Minivan stops on the shoulder gets out of the van and offers to put my bike in the back of his van. I actually told him, "Thanks but I'm doing this on purpose!" We both laughed and I told him about my blog and told him I would write about my experience with him because he was one of the good guys.

....and then coming into Weatherford Tx I had 2 people at the same time stop me at a gas station I was passing by and asked me if I needed any help.

Then I was just randomly sitting at a light waiting for it to turn green (and yes I do stop at all red lights and stop signs) and I looked over at this lady sitting over in the left turn lane and she mouthes at me "Are you Ok?" I gave her a smile, a nod and a thumbs up.

Come on.... you have to admit that's cool! I mean I'm all choked up just writing about it. People are willing stop, leave the heated comfort of their vehicle and load my bike up in the back of their truck / van and haul me down the road to shelter.

God Bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment