Donations to Discovery

Thursday, December 31, 2009

First things First

I don't know what you do first thing in the morning when you're camping, but the first thing I do is brush my teeth, get the fire going and put coffee water on. That's it.... I may swap items 2 and 3 if it's not cold but when it's cold it's 1-2-3.

I have to tell you yesterday was really great... I could've spent another hour writing about everything I learned but I ran out of time and temperature....but today is a new day so here's the list of things I'd like to do / talk about:
  • I am staying in Lake Mineral Wells State Park & Trailway (note the Trailway part) today. Like I said yesterday in one of my mobile posts, this place is special and I want to spend some more time exploring this park and writing about it.
  • I am going to hike a section of the Trailway today. There's a whole story behind this that LMWSP Ranger Edward Dollins filled me in on.... I'm gonna talk about that.
  • My bike and I are overloaded.... I knew it when I left North Richland Hills but thought I could handle the extra weight....I did for 58 miles but no further....I'll talk about that and the plan to address the problem.
  • I want to follow up on a simple, easy, tasty campfire meal and the products that make it possible.
  • Temperature / conditions during the day and night change - I have some simple ways of handling that.... I'll talk about those and some of the clothes combinations I use.
  • Old school sayings - I heard 'em from my Dad and I've passed 'em down to my kids.
  • ..... and about 17 other things but the items above are a start.

If you're not outside, put a coat on and walk out to the driveway or your apartment parking lot and experience the dawn unfolding around you.... we don't do that enough and it's a special thing!

Oh yeah - Good Morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment