Donations to Discovery

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Additional items for this trip

Basically I added the following:
  • more clothes for the colder weather - especially head, hand and footwear
  • spare tire (suggested by Russ @ Bicycles Inc) and a few additional bike tools
  • Gateway netbook
  • about 5 lbs to my butt while sitting on it over the last week.

Will I be riding heavier? Yes

How heavy am I riding? not exactly sure but I weighed what I had when I left Lake Jackson and it eas about 32# in the backpack and 22# in the Action Packer.

I'm heavier now - I'm guessing around 35# in the back pack and 25# in the Action Packer on the rack on the back.

2 full water bottles is around 3# and I'm weighing about 200# right now..... bike probably weighs 20 - 22# so I'm probably rolling down the road with 300# give or take.

Like my dad always said..... No Hill for a Stepper! ...... or a Pedaler!

No comments:

Post a Comment