Donations to Discovery

Monday, December 28, 2009

Bringing you up to date - getting ready for Leg 2 - Fort Worth Tx to Santa Fe NM

I left my bicycle and gear in North Richland Hills and rode back with my son and his fiancee to have Christmas with my wife and family.

It was a wonderful Christmas!

I spent some time in the few days I was home thinking about Leg 2 of my Bicycle trek across America.

As it stands right now, it will be from North Richland Hills Tx (Northeast Fort Worth Tx) to Santa Fe New Mexico - which is about 675 miles.

My son had to get back on Saturday 12/26 so I rode back with him.

I've been working to get my blog set up with my Leg 1 pictures, messages and commentary.

I had checked the weather and it's gonna be considerably colder so I brought a few more cold-weather clothes with me.

I've also upgraded my Verizon Wireless cell phone to an LG VX-9900 Env3.

My wife and I have had Verizon Wireless for a long time and have always been pleased with the service especially on backpacking / hiking trips to Montana, Utah and Arizona..... in fact there have been very few times when Verizon Wireless was out of service for any length of time.

I also got a Gateway Netbook with the Verizon Wireless card built in.

I've been going through a vertical learning curve on cell phones, Netbooks, blogs, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment