Donations to Discovery

Saturday, March 29, 2014

My CrossFit preworkout meal...


Been watching what I eat pretty closely over the last 11 days and have dropped about 7 lbs.

Main reason was my body was telling me I was too heavy....

My left knee was starting to hurt again.... My back was hurting.... I was sluggish.... Breathing too hard in the strenuous Boot Camp workouts.

So I cut out all but the essentials.

Paleo 101...

Meat, veggies, fruit, water....

Oh and coffee....

That's a food group right?

Anyway, everytime I do this the carb addict in me screams for sugar in the form of the wrong kind of carbs and calories....

I want bread and peanut butter and jelly and baklava and rice and beans and potatoes and pasta....

Ok. I better stop there or I'll be making a run to the grocery store or a Mexican food restaurant.

What works for me is to satisfy my craving for sweets with fruit.

I know it's still sugar and it's still calories but for whatever reason, my body processes these calories and sugar different from the aforementioned kind.

So for my preworkout meal today (about 2 hours before the workout) I put together a beautiful array of fruit with a little protein sprinkled on top.... Literally!!

Start with a cut up ripe banana and a small delicious apple...

Note the mango and boiled egg on deck...

Cut up half the mango (save the other half for a post workout treat) and add it to the mix and then cut up the boiled egg and add it to the top with a sprinkle of salt.

It's beautiful, nutritious and packed with all the vitamins and electrolytes to power you through a strenuous workout.

CrossFit - here I come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment