Donations to Discovery

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Doing my first CrossFit workout this morning...


I kinda got tired of the LesMills stuff over recent months.... Body Pump and Body Combat.

And more importantly, I had plateaued. Wasn't making any progress.

A few weeks back I was watching the 2013 Women's CrossFit Championships and got the notion that I wanted to give it a try.

Then I visited my son a couple of weeks ago and did a short duration high intensity CrossFit-style workout with him consisting of heavy dumbbell snatches, heavy lunges while holding weight overhead and weighted pull-ups.

I could tell I was deficient in those movements and decided to give CrossFit a try so I went and visited CrossFit WMD in Angleton (not thrilled about the name by the way).

One of the co-owners gave me the 20 minute sales pitch and I signed up for a 15 session trial.

I went to the CrossFit website and reviewed some of the exercise demo videos.

http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/exercise.html

There's a lot of technique involved in many of these exercises and many are movements I haven't done before so I'm anxious to see how it goes.

Have been cutting my calories and eating really clean on my Paleo diet for the last 2 weeks and am down to 186.5 this morning.

I'll let you know how this 51 year old body does with a CrossFit workout.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete