Donations to Discovery

Saturday, September 17, 2016

What Happens when Outback Willie comes to call?

This is a post written based on several experiences I've had over the last couple of years dealing with how I interact with the World around Me and the People in it.

It could have any of the following titles, because all of the word bites below apply to my experiences:

          - When Truth and Consequences come to visit, the Shit Hits the Fan!
          - If you don't want a Solution..... Don't Tell Me Your Problems!
          - If it's Broke and You DON'T want it fixed - Don't Tell Me about it.
          - I am a Catalyst for Change.
          - People don't want to have their Lives exposed!

Let me provide some context for this post.

It's pretty obvious by reading this blog that I am not a "normal" person.  

In fact, I have actually classified myself as being a "fringe" person - 

http://willsonwheels.blogspot.com/2016/06/are-you-fringe-person.html

The way I think, the way I relate to others, the physical way I conduct my life, my priorities, perspectives and approaches would not be considered "mainstream".

And that's OK with me, because in a nutshell, I have come to the conclusion that the majority of the World has got it all Wrong...

And I've got it Right.

May sound egotistical, pompous, arrogant.... and I guess it is.

But the reality is when I look at how 90% of the people I come in contact with conduct themselves and their lives, I see...

Chaos... or at least Behavior, Actions and Results that are not conducive to a Happy and Healthy Life and the sad part about it is they are pretty much clueless about it.

It's not just my opinion - it is exemplified and demonstrated by what the World says and does and how they Act and Look.

So - If  and When by Chance or Design, My World comes into contact and exposure with the Members of the Real World for any meaningful length of time, which I will define as 3 days or more, there tends to be an Exchange of Information - either Expressed or Just by Observation - that makes the Real World step back and say....

Holy Shit - Where did this guy come from?

Invariably, the 2nd thing that happens is that People wanna start telling me their problems - which is great - I have no problem with that.

Well - I have no problem with it just as long as they want some help with their problems.

If you're one of those people who just wanna bitch about your miserable life and not do anything about it, then you're barking up the wrong tree.

Because, at this point in Life, I have faced many of these problems and solved them and while my solutions may not be applicable to everyone, the knowledge and experience gained in dealing with them, has some Real World value.

And frankly, I do not possess the ability to be in a fucked up, chaotic or distressing environment for more than a day or two and not start trying to fix it.

It's just not in my DNA.

So if I come to visit or spend any time with an individual or group, they get a view of how I live my life and how I do things and what I think about certain subjects and almost invariably, there is a Significant Gap between What I Do and Think and How I Conduct Myself and How they do things.

Because in the end analysis, Life is all about Truth.

It's about being Honest with Yourself first - Assessing Who, What and Where You Are at Time = 0, Right Now - and figuring out what the Holes in your Life Game are and working to close those gaps, i.e. Improve Yourself.

If you're into that kind of thing.... Which I am.

And let's face it we all have Bad Habits.

The Problem is that Bad Habits or an Unhealthy Lifestyle or Bad Relationships or Bad Behavior regarding in-laws, out-laws, Money, Eating, Exercise, Careers / Vocation.... you name it....

Are hard to correct.

We get used to doing what we're doing and we think We Got the World by the Ying Yang.

And then somebody who's doing it better steps into the Room and We go....

"Shit - I thought I was a Big Fish in this Pond but what I really am is a Big Fish in a Little Pond".

And before you start thinking that I'm saying that the World oughta do it all my way and that I have no gaps in my game, let me just say that is not the case.

I have a lot of things I need to work on and am continuously looking, talking, observing, exchanging information with others to try to improve - find better ways of doing things, of living a better Life, of being a better person.

I been working on my Life Holes - well - for a Lifetime.... I've closed a few and a few more have opened up.  It's an ongoing process.... Yep - it's called Life.... Like it or Leave it.... That's what it is.

The Problem is that Most People don't want to talk about their Life Holes and they damned sure don't wanna see someone doing the Life thing better than they are and they really don't want to have their Life Holes exposed.

For whatever reason, when I come on the scene for any length of time, I tend to shake things up.

Sometimes it's by just doing what I do and not saying nuttin'.

Sometimes it's because I just say - "Why the fuck are you doing that?  That's messed up!"

Sometimes it's because people tell me their problems and expect me to be some sort of counselor or good buddy or psychiatrist or something - Hell, I ain't none of those.... But what I am is a keen observer of Human Nature and a Pretty Good Judge of Character and a Damned Good Problem Solver.

You tell me your problems - I'll give you at least 2 or 3 solutions - and then I'm gone.

Yep - in the chemical engineering world, that's called a "Catalyst".

cat·a·lyst
ˈkad(ə)ləst/
noun
  1. a substance that increases the rate of a chemical reaction without itself undergoing any permanent chemical change.
    • a person or thing that precipitates an event


I like that last definition the best.  I do precipitate events or changes.

Most of the time it's getting my ass run off but not until some serious soul searching and shit flying has occurred.

And in the end analysis, it doesn't really matter to me one way or the other.  

More than likely those fucked up people I tried to help out by telling them the TRUTH and giving them some sound, information filled, non-emotional, factual advice are just as fucked up after I left as they were before.

But at least I know I did my part to tear away the veil of ignorance, self-deception and just plain ole hurtful living and give them a clear view of what they could do to help themselves if they so choose.

It's not easy being the way I am, but nobody has ever accused me of being 2-faced or saying one thing and thinking something else.

And if you tell me your problems or ask me for my advice, it's kinda like my momma used to say.

"Be careful what you ask for.....

Cause you might get it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment