Donations to Discovery

Monday, November 2, 2015

I'm old enough to know better and young enough not to care....

I saw this on a t-shirt this morning at Anytime Fitness.

And it gave me pause... and a chuckle.

Cause I've talked before about feeling like I was stuck in between a lot of things.

It reminds me of a conversation I had with my orthopedic doctor down in Lake Jackson Tx... Dr. Hudson.

He was asking me why I was doing all the intense exercise routines I was doing especially with the bad condition my left knee was in.

I told him "Well I want to be strong and athletic.  I enjoy the challenge and I want to look as good as I can".

And he replied with something like "Yeah.  You're still young enough to have an ego. Pain and Age will take care of that eventually."

But for now, I still pursue the illusion of being young.

I am old enough to know better but young enough not to care!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvECozWfZR4

No comments:

Post a Comment