Donations to Discovery

Sunday, May 17, 2015

A Ride to Hyde... A Visit to an Old Campsite and an Indian Treat

Even with all my injuries, I can still ride a bike which is what my old orthopedic surgeon, Dr. G. William Woods, said was the best exercise for people with bad knees.

So I got up this morning and headed up NM 475 to Hyde Park on the Red Mule.


I got to the park and then rode one of the roads up into the campground.


I was looking for a particular campsite that I had stayed at back in April 2010.....

And I found it!

It was Campsite 10 and these old log shelters were built back in the 1930s.


The campsite has a stream running right next to it.


It didn't take long to make the ride down and back to the condo.

I got cleaned up and drove to the India place on Cerillos for a nice plate of Indian food.


Sometimes you just have to take lemons and make lemonade.

No comments:

Post a Comment