Donations to Discovery

Saturday, May 2, 2015

A Nice Drive with a stop in Lewisville and settling in to Santa Fe

The first leg of my drive to Santa Fe took me from Angleton Tx to Lewisville Tx where my son lives.

This is a view of the largest apartment complex pool in the world where he lives.


One of the many issues with getting older is I am losing  my excellent eyesight.

At BJ's Brewery where my son and I were having a nice flight of beer samples, he let me try on his glasses.

Whadduya think?


When I left Lewisville Friday morning, I selected my Top Rock list on Spotify and  listened to it all the way.

Reminded me that the 70s, 80s and 90s was the best music.


Took 755 miles just to get out of Texas.


Nice looking cloud pattern over I40.


Last hour on 285 from 40 to Santa Fe.


Last night, after unloading the car, I made a quick run to Trader Joe's and picked up some Smoked Gouda, Turkey and Rice stuffed Bell Pepper, Fresh Basil, Jalapenos and TJ's Coastal Cabernet.

Great Meal!


This morning I had a Kona K-cup out of my very own Keurig which sat in the passenger seat all the way form Lake Jackson Tx


What?  Rain in Santa Fe!  I just left that stuff in Angleton.


Good way to kick off the day with the positive feel good sound of Aloe Blacc!


Went to Zia CrossFit's Saturday morning workout and shared a Fight Gone Bad with Ernesto and Josh.

It was Quick and Dirty and just what I needed on my return to 7200'.

Had the Red Stallion hand washed by a group of kids raising money for their basketball season.

Picked up a few things at Walmart and then headed back to the condo on Cerillos with a view of the Sangre de Cristo mountains in the background.


I had left my cast iron skillet and other essential kitchen items in storage with a friend.  Brought the stuff back and put it to work with some cast iron skillet sauted kale.


Spring mix, tomatoes, carrots, radishes, diced Gouda Cheese and roast chicken.


Add a little Focaccia bread, thrown the kale on the side, add a few peppers and 6 oz of chicken breast and some dried fruit and nuts with a Cabernet / Fresca / Creatine mix to drink.


Good Saturday in Santa Fe!


No comments:

Post a Comment