Donations to Discovery

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Taking a Non-Paleo Break... Riding the Ride... Working on figuring this out

Once a week I treat myself to a Non-Paleo meal....

I try to do it on a day when I will have a lot of activity so I can burn off the extra carbs!

And the last 3 times I did this, pancakes were in the meal!

Guess that tells you what my body is craving!


Right after breakfast at El Jimador, I rode down to HEB and stocked up on fruit, nuts, veggies, 1 package of thin cut New York Strip steaks, coffee, honey, a treat (Nutella) and an alternate to my usual Fresca - Caffeine Free Diet Coke.... I know it's got lots of bad chemicals in it but I've been getting tired of water, coffee, Creatine mix and Protein mix and didn't want to buy beer because I've pretty much decided any kind of alcohol messes up my sleep.....

And Sleep is perhaps the greatest single contributor of Health, Happiness and Success in Life.


There's all the groceries loaded in the Ortlieb panniers on the back of my Trek 3700.

Pretty good combo.... have put probably 4000 heavily loaded miles on this setup:

Trek 3700 21 speed with a 13-34 rear gear set - not good for top speed (25 mph) but will grind a heavy load up a steep hill at 2.8 mph!

Old Man Mountain Pioneer Racks front and rear - these are large tube diameter racks that fasten to a spindle that goes through the bike axle... incredibly strong and stable.



Ortlieb Panniers - you see the rear panniers only here.... I bought a set that included front and rear panniers, a handlebar bag and a rack bag.  They are completely waterproof and when cinched up properly will float like a cork.  They were expensive ($600 for the entire set) but have seen over 4000 miles of bicycle touring and are IMHO the only way to transport a lot of stuff on a bike.

It's matched set #1 on this page....


Bontrager LT3 Plus Kevlar lined 26" mountain bike tires..... I have done over 3000 miles on this set....

WITHOUT A FLAT!!!

Well worth the $45 apiece I paid for them!


Over the past few months, have tried going back to the Godly side of life with the help of some Sweet Serenity.....

But not sure that's my path....

I just don't like the idea of someone else.....even if it is an Immortal Super Being..... getting credit for the Successes and Failures in my Life.

I figure it's my life.... and I can mess it up or make it up as good as anybody.

May sound a little detached and egotistical, but it's where I am right now.


Sorry Serenity.... hope you don't feel you wasted your time....

Gonna get a little work done so I can pay the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment