Donations to Discovery

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Making Things Right.... Making Things Paleo!

My son and I were doing an early morning workout at the LA Fitness in Orange CA....

And I gotta say this is one of the most unkept, poorly maintained "National Chain" Fitness Centers I have been in.

Weights were scattered all over the place..... I think there were only about 10 - 15 dumbbells on this rack.

I said something about that.... and true to his nature, my son said....

Well.... let's fix that.... it'll be a good workout.

So.... in a matter of 10 - 15 minutes, we rounded up nearly every single dumbbell scattered throughout the gym - ranging from 15 lbs to 120 lbs and wrangled them back to the rack at the designated spot.....

And when we got done.....

It looked like this.

Reminds me of what I call the "Disney Effect"..... it's a theory I came up with after visiting Disney World in   Florida... back in the late 90s.

No matter where you go.... the place is immaculate... and I know all about the underground infrastructure and how they empty the garbage cans from below and all that.... 

The point is... the place is clean.... 

What I observed several times.... is people about to leave a mess after eating or whatever.... they physically looked around.... picked up their trash.... walked the 15 - 20' to an EMPTY (not overflowing) garbage can and disposed of their trash.

Because of the environment, people's behaviors were changed.

After my son and I put up all the weights, I watched for the next hour.....

As person after person..... removed weights..... took them to a workout spot....

And then returned them to the proper place on the rack.

Just think if this was done every morning and every evening for 21 days in a row (the time that it takes to form a habit).....

Think about it....


Stopped in and got my free Starbucks Coffee.... first one in Long Beach CA....

A Venti' Cafe Americano with an Extra Shot!!!

Boy - Was I excited!


Back at La Casa.... knocking out a Paleo Meal...


Pork Chop and a Flounder Fillet....


Spring Mix, Heirloom Grape Tomatoes, Diced Fuji Apple with Cinnamon...

Salad dressed with an Olive Oil Vinaigrette and dusted with my African - Moroccan Spice Mix (Yes, I brought a small container with me on my trip).


Beautiful Salad with the Flounder Fillet already crumbled into the salad and the Pork Chop resting on top with my Fruit Punch Creatine Mix on the left and the rest of my Starbucks Cafe Americano on the right.


Added some red grapes for sweetness and a handful of a dried cranberry - cashew - almond - pumpkin seed mix for crunch...


The Cali folks love my accent, KT and workout suits.....

After all..... this is Cali.

No comments:

Post a Comment