Donations to Discovery

Monday, November 24, 2014

Might as Well get on the Porch with the Bitches and the Puppies....

There's an old saying in the South.... 

Are you gonna run with the Big Dogs or are you gonna stay on the Porch with the Bitches and the Puppies?


Had a helluva time doing the Overhead Squats tonight and was basically pissed off cause they were killing my shoulders like they always do and I blurted out a sentence of expletives relating my pain and displeasure and my hero Will Black returned....

"Why don't you just go down in weight?"

To which I fired back.....

"Well if I'm gonna do that, I might as well not even come."

I mean, come on, there was this invasion of Young CrossFit guys who obviously came from some CrossFit Planet cause they were lapping me on rounds....

And I'll be damned if I'm gonna go below Rx and get lapped.

So.... No.... I may not be able to run with the Big Dogs, but I'm not ready to sit on the porch and drink Sweet Tea with the Women and Children either.


My performance was below par.... plain and simple...


But I was there and I tried.

And that was good enough for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment