Donations to Discovery

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Packing Paleo and Planning Your Work Day... For a Workout!


When I go to work away from home, I always get up a little early and make and pack enough food to allow me to eat throughout the day....

At least 3 small meals with some sort of protein, veggie and fruit.

I prepackage the meals so it's easy to eat while I'm working.

That way I get paid and stick to good eating habits at the same time!


I also think ahead for what I'm gonna need to allow me to maximize my work time and still allow me to workout.

So I pack my gym bag with everything I need - workout clothes, preworkout supplements, Creatine powder, bottle, lifting belt, wraps...

But most importantly, I do everything I can to schedule my day to allow me to make my workout.

In this case, I worked in Alvin right up to 4:45 and then left work and drove straight to CrossFit WMD in Angleton for a 5:15 arrival which gave me enough time to change into my workout clothes, do the prescribed warmup and be ready for the 5:45 pm WOD.

May not sound like much but setting your day up from the start with the end in mind gives you something to look forward to and won't leave you at the end of the day without a workout and with that sinking feeling of....

"Where did my day go?"


8 hours of work, some good eating, an hour and a half of CrossFit including a final set of 5 push presses with 155 and a 15 min AMRAP with almost 5 rounds of:

15 Sumo Deadlift High Pulls
10 24" Box Jumpovers with Burpee
5 Ring Dips

A Pretty Good Day!!!

1 comment: