Donations to Discovery

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Listening to my body... And telling it to shut the F*ck Up!

Well, the post surgery knee recovery continues.... kinda.

It's no big secret it's been painful.... maybe too painful.

I basically got to a point where I had to change something, cause my body was not feeling good or right.

And I've continued to just punish it with pretty intense CrossFit Workouts.

Whether you consider that a Sin or a Tragedy is kind of a moot point....


Was relating to a friend of mine that I am in the worst shape I've been in from a strength, cardio and pain perspective in over a year and a half...

So Something's Gotta Give.


The friend suggested I cut back on the workouts.... 

And I just said...


And cranked up some Disturbed.....

Because fundamentally I am....

Disturbed....

Or stubborn or vain.... or something that motivates me to do what I do.


Changing subjects....

There's a new Starbucks in Alvin on 35 just north of the Highway 6 crossing.

And for a relatively small Starbucks in a small town, it's very nice!


Love this rolling circular 3 space prep area....

Very efficient!


Yes.... that would be a good term to describe me....

No.... Not efficient.....

Far Beyond Driven....


Anybody that would continue to subject themselves to admission to the House of Pain aka CrossFit WMD should be considered Far Beyond Driven.

This is not a place for the Faint of Heart or Body.


Lots of variety....

Presses, wide grip rows, wide grip deadlifts...

Wall Balls, Kettle Bell Swings with 70 lbs (Holy Heavy Kettlebells Batman!) and Burpees..... Oh my!



Yeah.... I was low man on the man and woman totem pole.... but hell... I was just glad to finish.

And a thing of beauty..... my standard Grande Cafe Americano with an extra shot and topped with chocolate, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla and a splash of half and half.


Got up this morning way too early but without so much pain.

Yesterday, I went back to my old anti-inflammatory..... Dicloflenac.
My NP had changed me to Duexis..... and it just wasn't cutting it.

Between the change in anti-inflammatory and the 4th post surgery CrossFit workout, maybe I've turned the corner.

I guess being stubborn and refusing to give up has its advantages.

No comments:

Post a Comment