Donations to Discovery

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Follow-up on the House of Blues....

My waitress, Jade, informed me they were out of marinated steak so I chose the House of Blue Soup of the Day which was Chicken Tortilla Soup and Jade threw in a beautiful Spring Mix Honey Pecan Feta Cheese topped Salad.

It was delicious and probably lighter than the Marinated Steak Tacos.... 

Which was just right for me for what lay ahead!


The Young and the Restless Duo continued on with my favorite songs form the 90s!


I left the CrossRoads restaurant downstairs, scooted up to the 3rd level and right into the middle of the first song of the set by The Damned Torpedoes, an Austin-based group that does Tom Petty dare is say....

Better than Tom Petty!


Blues are rooted in the eternal struggle between Man and Temptation....


Rumors, the Fleetwood Mac cover band, literally played their counterparts....


And the rendition of Landslide left goosebumps on  my arms.... and the crowd screaming for more.


Left the Rumors performance and went straight to the Foundation Room down the hall, where a DJ was playing my favorite 80s and 90s Dance Music - Can you say "Night made for Me"?

I literally danced till I was crippled....from 11:00 pm till 12:45 am....

Hey - you only get one shot at this thing we call "Life".... 

So might as well die smiling!

1 comment: