At a place a block down Main St. - if you can call it a Main..... Street.
So I gathered up my clothes to wash and headed to the laundromat before the coffee shop and I start getting an impression of Raymond WA....
And it's a good impression...
First - it's a logging town - made apparent by the huge Weyerhauser mill on the North Fork of the Willapa River.
Second, there's quite a bit of Asian influence - probably mostly Vietnamese - and most likely from the Vietnam War exodus.
Third, Somebody or some group is a metal sculptor...
This message has been sent using the picture and Video service from Verizon Wireless!
To learn how you can snap pictures and capture videos with your wireless phone visit www.verizonwireless.com/picture.
Note: To play video messages sent to email, Quicktime@ 6.5 or higher is required.
And it doesn't open till 9 am PST and it's 7:30 am PST and don't these people know I'm on a schedule?
I got places to go and things to do....
Like ride a bike...
In the Rain...
All day long...
So...
After being thwarted at the laundromat, I head down to the Cafe to get my free coffee...
And I realize real quick, this is the Town Meeting Hall and the epicenter of activity and gossip in Raymond WA cause all the town folks are sitting around talking about everything and this waitress named Jackie with a rock hard body is waiting on me and I ask her if she works out and she says No...So this is natural huh?
Yep - she says....
So - I ask her if she's Native American or what her genetics is cause she looks like a Natural Bodybuilder with curves.
She says I'm Irish.
And I'm thinking....
God Bless Ireland...
And...
Ain't that the luck?
So anyway, the older fellers behind me in the booth are talking about what not and this guy pulls up in this decked out Ford F-350 LWB King Ranch 4x4....
And we start talking about the truck and how beautiful it is and how it has every bell and whistle on it as my description implies and how much it probably costs...
Cause that's what men do...
At coffee shops...
While they're drinking coffee.
And I'm thinking...
I'm tired...
My tired hurts...
I been putting in some serious miles under heavy load...
Maybe I need to take a break...
Maybe...
It is...
All about Raymond.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raymond,_Washington#section_1
Footnote: Raymond was the city where the grunge band Nirvana played their first gig on March 7, 1987.









Very interesting sculptors. Wonderful designs. Someone is a good welder. D
ReplyDelete