One of my favorite books of all time is Ray Bradbury's "The Illustrated Man" - a 1951 book of science fiction short stories.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Illustrated_Man#section_1
One of my favorite stories of the collection is "The Long Rain".
Here's the Wikipedia summary....
This message was sent using the Picture and Video Messaging service from Verizon Wireless!
To learn how you can snap pictures and capture videos with your wireless phone visit www.verizonwireless.com/picture.
Note: To play video messages sent to email, QuickTime� 6.5 or higher is required.
What the summary doesn't tell you is the travelers commit suicide by simply throwing their heads back, opening their mouths and drowning on the incessant rains of Venus.
I'm not there yet but I'm just saying another 61 miles ....
In the rain...
Is not necessarily my idea of a fun ride...
But I didn't sign up for a fun ride...
This is a Quest for Discovery...
So I guess I'll Discover...
What it's like to ride in the rain...
For the 3rd straight day.
Welcome to the Pacific Northwest.




Get back in the Seattle and ride! You should have listened to the Nintendo geeks.
ReplyDeleteI think I might Seattle up another day in Raymond.
ReplyDeleteHope you have a break in the weather soon. D
ReplyDelete