Donations to Discovery

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Getting back in balance with Praxis and Paleo

Yep - the 3 weeks of intense work and isolation from Group Exercise Classes, poor discipline on my diet, poor sleep cycle and too much alcohol took a toll on me to the tune of a 6 lb weight gain.

As I always say, all you can do is recognize that there are certain basics that you have to follow to maintain a healthy lifestyle and for me full time work isn't one of them.

I probably could have managed better had this work assignment not been so remote but with the closest "gym" 20 miles away and no CrossFit  facility or place where I can do any classes I am basically "on my own" and historically that's not the best way for me to be my best.

Enough with the excuses.... Adapt, Modify and Overcome is my favorite motto and I simply didn't do it.

So I start from where I am.


With my 1st Praxis workout in a month.

Which begins with a Warmup that Wears like a Workout.















Talking about a nice variety of a workout - this was it - with a Strength complex of Squats and One Arm Rows to begin with and then a Triplex of Upper Body Push / Upper Body Pull and 1 legged squats (Pistols).



The 15 mile RT bike ride and the workout knocked the water weight down a little bit.


Post workout meal consists of a Nutribullet full of the remaining Fruit Punch Creatine from the workout, carrots, squash, zucchini, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, mint, fuji apple....


And a scoop of chocolate whey protein isolate on top.


I cast iron skillet grilled the rest of what was left of a squash and a zucchini and the 1st 8 oz portion of sirloin strip.


I keep coming back to the fact that the hardest thing to do is just  keep things Simple.


Perhaps a month of Paleo and a month of Praxis will have me back to my ideal 170 weight.


The Santa Fe weather sure won't hurt!


Hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment