Donations to Discovery

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Update on my condition

I pulled in to South Fork CO earlier today feeling really poorly. I've been suffering from severe diarrhea for the last 3 days. It started after I drank water out of the Lake Fork River on 149S about 20 mi north of Lake City. I treated the water with Emergency Water tablets like I've done many times in the past.... 2 tablets per quart of water.... shake and wait for 30 mins... however this was the first time I'd ever done it with a Camelbak... I suspect that the water treatment tablets didn't come in contact with all the water.... bottom line... after getting a thorough checkup from a Dr at the Rio Grande Health Clinic in South Fork CO, the diagnosis is Giardia - a water borne parasite that can wreak havoc on your lower intestines and causes severe diarrhea... so the Dr wrote me an Rx that I'll pick up in Del Norte on the way to Alamosa tomorrow. Don't know what to say... I've drank
mountain water that's been treated w/emerg water tabs many times but there's always a risk - Noted!

No comments:

Post a Comment