Donations to Discovery

Monday, July 19, 2010

Good Morning from Lake City CO...

Don't know what to say this morning... I feel like shizzbah... my head is pounding... my breathing is shallow.... my legs feel like lead... guess I red-lined yesterday in the climbs and the heat... that's fine... as Dirty Harry said "A Man's got to know his limitations". I found mine yesterday.... Looming before me is a 2900' climb in 4 miles from Lake City to Slumgallion Pass... If I'm doing my math right, that's an average grade of 13%.... at the Tour de France, they refer to these climbs as HC... which translates to "Beyond Category"... they're so steep they don't even bother categorizing them. I normally take a rest day about now... and that's what I'm gonna do.... I'm staying in Lake City today and will likely try to make it over Slumgullion and Spring Creek Passes tomorrow to Creede CO. 60 miles seems to be my limit in this sort of terrain and that'll get me to Creede... I'll
take 1 day at a time and see how it goes... right now I'm gonna go get some breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment