Donations to Discovery

Sunday, July 18, 2010

I'm here at my room at Lake City Resort...

I'm close to heat exhaustion... gonna rest in the room and try to pull myself together... can handle the miles, climbs, descents... but can't handle this heat... and none of the motels in Lake City have AC... had to resupply w/ water out of the Lake Fork River... used water treatment tabs... went thru 2 gals of water today... no stores between Gunnison and Lake City... several 2 mile 8% grades up.... followed by same down... killer downhills... had to intermittently brake to stay below 50 MPH.... 25 MPH crosswinds were sweeping me right to left 10' on the road... first time I was scared on a downhill because I was having to reflexively adjust to the wind gusts... left finger imprints in the handlebar.... but beautiful country... the kind of country that is in Western books... I'm glad I'm here but not sure about tomorrow.... will take it as it comes. Have to cool down and rehydrate
first... then eat... then will evaluate situation.

This message has been sent using the picture and Video service from Verizon Wireless!

To learn how you can snap pictures and capture videos with your wireless phone visit www.verizonwireless.com/picture.

Note: To play video messages sent to email, Quicktime@ 6.5 or higher is required.

No comments:

Post a Comment