Donations to Discovery

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

First... let me say...I'M SICK!!!

I don't know what the hell is wrong w/ me.... I've narrowed it down to a couple of things or a combo of the 2: 1) Severe case of Altitude Sickness; 2) Stomach Virus or Intestinal Bug.... I'm running a low grade fever, head hurts, feel weak, can't eat or drink anything w/out instant diarrhea.... which is a hell of a combo when you're trying to do a cross - Colorado over multiple Continental Divide Mountain Passes cycling tour. So what do you do if you're the Wild Stupid Old Fat Man from Texas.... you pick up your ass, sling it over your shoulder and start pedaling.... over 11530' Slumgullion Pass and 10988' Spring Creek Pass both in the rain and then run the Rio Grande River Valley from where the Rio Grande begins all the way to Creede CO.... 51 miles up 10% grades over 2 passes in the rain.... sick.... stick that on your "To Do" list for the day and mark it DONE! Now I'm sitting under
an umbrella in a steady rain at Kip's Grill; don't care if I sh&t all night, it's Margarita time!

No comments:

Post a Comment