Donations to Discovery

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Video of Leg 1 - 510 miles - Lake Jackson to Fort Worth Tx via the Texas Hill Country

Note: To improve the viewing experience on YouTube, please do the following things when the YouTube Video Screen comes up with the video:

  1. Move your cursor to the "360p" on the right side of the toolbar at the bottom of the video window.
  2. Select "480p".... this will ensure that you view the video at the highest resolution available.
  3. To enlarge the video screen, select one of the icons to the right of the "360p"... the 2 arrows will enlarge it one size and the 4 arrows will take it to full screen.
  4. If you go to "full screen", click on the "X" on the Ad or Music Credit bar at the bottom to close it and then don't move your mouse or the video tool bar will come up at the bottom and may temporarily block the text on the slide being viewed.
  5. Turn up the speakers and enjoy.
  6. If you want to return to "Normal View" mode, just hit the "Esc" button at the top left of your keyboard.
  7. You can pause the video at anytime by hitting the pause button - "ll" - at the left of the video tool bar.
  8. You can then resume with the Play button - ">".
  9. You can search for other "Discovering America on 2 Wheels" videos on YouTube by locating the "Search" window at the top of the YouTube screen.
  10. Simply type in my YouTube Username "WillsOnWheels" into the search window and the list will come up.

Here's the link to the YouTube video for Leg 1 - 510 miles - Lake Jackson to Fort Worth Tx.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OreLXBGv9n8

The following is from my Video Description on YouTube.

This video is a collection of images and commentary on a bicycle adventure I began in December 2009... an Adventure I call...

Discovering America on 2 Wheels

I'm submitting posts with pictures, video and commentary real time to my blog.

I've dedicated this video to my 2 Wives....

the One at Home and the One on the Road....

my Trek 3700 Mountain Bike.

Leg 1 - 510 miles - of Discovering America on 2 Wheels began in Lake Jackson and traveled northwest through the Texas Hill Country before turning north and ending in a northeast suburb of Fort Worth Tx.

I hope you enjoy the images and information in this video as much as I did living the adventure and writing about it.

If you're interested in doing something like this, I hope this video will encourage you to take the first step in planning and experiencing your own Outdoor Adventure.

I'll be submitting a 2nd video for Leg 2 - a 750 mile thrill ride from Ft Worth Tx to Santa Fe NM - through Snow, Sleet, Rain, High Wind and some of the most desolate, remote and beautiful areas of West Texas and Eastern New Mexico.

Keep up with me real time by visiting my blog -

as I continue this mountain-bike-pedaling, backpack-hauling, 18-wheeler-dodging, diner-sampling, small-town-touring, hill-climbing-and-bicycle-overhauling, state park-and-rest stop-cruising adventure of.....

Discovering America on 2 Wheels


No comments:

Post a Comment