Donations to Discovery

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Submitting a Comment to a Post on this Blog

Here's some info to address a "glitch" in the Blogger.com format (that I can't do anything about) regarding the "Post A Comment" box that normally appears below each post that allows a reader to submit a comment that can be viewed my anyone reading the post.

Bottom line is that if I put a link to a website in a post and that link is wider than the post text field such that it "runs over into the next line" or "wraps around", then the "Post A Comment" box WILL NOT APPEAR below the post.

To get around that little annoyance, there are 2 Options:
  • Option 1: Click on the tiny "0 Comments" icon at the bottom of the post.  That will bring up that post out of "Blog Archives" with the "Post A Comment" box restored and you can submit a comment by typing your comment in the box and clicking on the "Post Comment" button.
  • Option 2: Find the title for that post in the "Blog Archive" located on the right side column of the blog. You may have to scroll up or down depending on what post you are currently reading to find the "Blog Archive".  I currently have the blog set to display the 10 most recent posts.  Once you've located the "Blog Archive" then scroll up / down on the "Blog Archive" to find the title of the Post you want to submit a comment on and click on that title.  That will bring up just that post with the "Post A Comment" box restored and you can submit a comment by typing your comment in the box and clicking on the "Post Comment" button - just like Option 1.
Here's some "Screen Captures" that illustrate the above instructions:





Hopefully, Blogger.com (run by Google) will correct that issue in the near future, but for now this seems to be the quickest way around the problem.

I want to thank those folks who have submitted comments and invite everyone to submit comments / suggestions / criticisms on the posts or on the blog and content itself.

Please tell me....
  • What you like...
  • What you don't like...
  • What content / information is useful...
  • What you could do without...
  • The favorite post you've read...
  • The worst post you've read...
  • What you would change about this blog if you were doing it...
  • About the Best Experience / Best Ride you've ever had on your bike...
  • Anything.... just submit a comment on your thoughts about....
Discovering America on 2 Wheels

I also want to thank "RJ" for the post that he submitted some time back about how I did Leg 1 and Leg 2.... in a nutshell, RJ suggested that I do some research on Bicycle Touring Equipment and invest in some quality equipment that will improve my enjoyment of the overall experience.

As you can tell from my recent posts, I've done just that and am anxious and excited to try out the new equipment on my Southeast Texas Loop -


So your comments help me too and they may help other readers of this blog.

Hopefully, I've made it clear that I'm no "expert" on long distance bicycle touring and it's relatively obvious to even the most casual cyclist that I haven't used the latest and greatest or more classical touring equipment and techniques.

Bottom line is that I welcome and appreciate your comments so please keep them coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment