Donations to Discovery

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Road Racer to Highway Hauler - the Final Results!

Check out the final results of my addition of the Ortlieb Panniers, Handlebar Bag and Rack Pack to the Old Man Mountain Racks with this YouTube Link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12-ZcRRp8vw

This video shows the final results of adding front and rear Old Man Mountain Racks and an Ortlieb Matched Set to a 2007 Trek 1500.

I'll be using this bike on an 8-day 400 mile tour through southeast Texas and then a 1260 mile tour from Santa Fe NM to Los Angeles / Hollywood / Malibu CA with an intermediate diversion to Grand Canyon NP and a final 3-day exploration of the largest urban National Park in the world - the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area.

2 comments:

  1. hey, that looks so much more comfortable than your first rig! Have a great trip and hope we can catch a meal when you get back.

    Robert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robert,

    Thanks - I'll be testing it out over the next week on the 400-mile Southeast Texas loop.

    I'm gonna try the end-of-the-day posting on this trip and see how it works.

    I have a feeling I'll be a bit lighter when I return so I look forward to that meal!

    William

    ReplyDelete