Donations to Discovery

Saturday, November 11, 2017

You never know if you've gone too far..... Until you go too far!

The title for this post came to mind as I was hesitating hitting the "Post" button on a Facebook post containing the link to my latest Discovery post -  a personal expose' on "Talking Dirty".

https://willsonwheels.blogspot.com/2017/11/talk-dirty-to-me-discussion-of-language.html

But it brings to mind several life circumstances and events and the general perspective of how I am and how I want to live my life.

People who play it safe in life, who keep their self-humoring comments to themselves, who don't say  something for risk of it being taken the wrong way, comedians or commentators who keep to the safe subject matter, CrossFit athletes who always properly pace themselves or "scale down" their workouts to weights they know they can handle....

Cannot identify or experience the practice or reality of taking things too far.

Red-lining, going over the edge of the acceptable and the attainable, saying or doing that which garners crowd appreciation vs raised eyebrows and a turn to the back.

What are Limits?  What are appropriate boundaries?  How do you know what the Limits are until you violate them?

Like an Olympic Downhill Racer going for Gold - sometimes you have to take your own Performance beyond your Practice.

You have to reach for something that is beyond reach.

Where you know the Risk of Failing is greater than the Reward of Success.

Yeah - like another recent post explains, I do tend to take things to Extremes....

https://willsonwheels.blogspot.com/2017/11/geez-wills-why-do-you-have-to-take.html

It's a Natural Tendency for me but it's my little feeble attempt at making my mark on the World.

I don't want to be thought of as someone who plays it safe, who always does the Right thing.

I also don't want to be known as Reckless, but to approach Life with an Intent and Intensity that makes the People around me take notice and perhaps think -

I don't want to be like that guy.

He takes things too far.

Because I guess, in the end analysis....

Too far is the wrong place for most people -

And the Right Place for Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment