Donations to Discovery

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Fuck How You Feel.... Lift Heavy Anyway!

Let me give you a quick set-up on the inspiration for this post title.

I was at Praxis - my preferred Daily Torture site - working my way through a long and varied workout having done a variety of pullups, pistols, snatches and squats and I had one little segment of the workout left -

2 - 400m sprints with a run-time rest period between the 2.

My favorite blonde Amazon (besides my daughter who this lady looks just like which is kinda freaky) was there at the Box displaying her own Strength and Kick-assedness.

In fact, when I was doing by back squats, which culminated with 3 sets of 5 with 245#, she complemented me on one of the sets saying....

"That was a good set... Yeah - 245# is my max".

That pretty much tells you something about this lady right there.

So anyway - I was bitching about the fact that I needed to do the 2 - 400m sprints and had pretty much resolved not to do them and had told my fair-haired Strong Woman the same.  In fact, I had gathered my workout shit together and was about to leave.

But then that nagging little fucker on my shoulder was whispering in my ear....

"You wimpy little crybaby.  Just quit your bitching and finish the workout Old Man".

So I gathered up what was left of my pride and rep'd out the 2 rounds of 400m, actually doing pretty good with 1:55 and 1:50 respectively, sprinting the last one in and then spending a minute or 2 hands on knees gasping for breath.

During which time, the Blonde Bombshell gives a little exhortation saying....

"Way to Go.  Way to finish the Workout.  Fuck How You Feel... Just Do It".

Of course, my head came up and between the gasps of oxygen deprivation, I panted "That would make a great blog post.  Thanks for the idea."

In the ensuing conversation on the topic, she added the "Lift Heavy Anyway" conclusion to what is now the title of this post giving it a "Workout Only" slant as opposed to just "Fuck How You Feel" which is obviously politically incorrect and pretty insensitive.

Or is it?

I remember conversations with my first wife that give me inspiration to explore this little avenue of emotion.

Many, many times in points of contention, I would hear the much used and abused following...

"You just don't understand my feelings."

Which, in Time and Retrospect, could be translated as...

"I can't Manipulate You into doing what I want You to do, so I'm gonna play the 'You don't respect my feelings' card".

And at the Time and in Retrospect, I wish I would have responded....

"Fuck Your Feelings.  I'm doing the best I can to make you happy and provide a stable and supportive environment for you and our child so just get over it".

Yeah I understand - Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus.

And the Language of Life and Love is different for the 2 Planets.

But in the end analysis, after all the Falling in Love, Emotion, Fucking and Tender Heart shit is over and done,

Love is a Decision.

It's a Decision to compromise, sacrifice and to put yourself into a state of discomfort for the one you Love.

Love is Work....

And a Workout.

Guys - it's NOT sitting on the Couch watching the Game, while your Wife cleans up the kitchen or bathes the kids.

Gals - it's giving your Man that Blow Job even when you're tired and not because he deserves it but because that's the Language of Love for a guy.

Love is sprinting those last two 400m of the Workout even when you're done with this shit.

And showing up the next day to do it all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment