Donations to Discovery

Monday, November 6, 2017

Geez Wills - Why do you have to take Everything to Extreme?


Not really sure.... probably a shrink question.

It's kinda always been that way.

Part of it is a drive to do things right.

Back in the old days when I was growing up, it was a compliment to be called a "Perfectionist".

Because it meant you cared about what you did, about the results and outcome and the quality of workmanship.

Now it's a goddamn sign they hang around your neck in the Time of "If you can Name it, You can Tame it".

Psychiatrists, Counselors and Lazy Fuckers look at people like me who sweat the details and push the envelopes of Time and Performance and Thinking and throw out Catcalls like "OCD, ADD...."

To which I respond FU.

Yeah - I'm an Extremist and proud of it.

I'm getting ready for a little in-house competition at Praxis - www.thepraxislab.com - this coming Sunday, 11/12.

Incidentally I kinda like the URL "thepraxislab" like we're fucking experimenting on normal human beings to turn them into some kind of superhuman deviants.  Yeah I like that.  Extreme.

Here's some more Extreme shit from Praxis.

http://thepraxislab.com/new-kick-ass-programs-coming-soon/

And part of that "getting ready" for the upcoming competition is practicing.... which is kinda what Praxis is all about.  Actually doing shit to get better.

Guess that's more of that Extreme shit.... practicing to get better.

Yeah ADD label throwing fuckers, take a bite out of my Extreme Ass.

So Monday's Workout was something like this...

My normal warmup -

Leg and Calf Stretches
Left Leg Calf Raises - 50 reps 2 sets - to try to get my left calf - the one that is attached below my Left Knee Replacement - up to speed with the God-given Right Knee and Calf.  Hmmm.... doing a CrossFit competition with a Fake Left Knee - Yep... more of that Extreme shit piled higher and deeper.
4" PVC pipe and LaCrosse Ball Active Release - showed a friend of mine this little ditty and she liked it.
3/4" PVC pipe shoulder mobility exercise
50 PVC Overhead Squats
50 Push-ups (thanks Rod and Crew for making sure I do them right with complete range of motion)
10 Ring Rows
10 Hanging Scapular Retractions
15 Hollow Position Strict Pullups

Yeah - Santa Fe Yoga Vegan people - that's my warmup.... Try that on for size on your no weightlifting "I'm gonna live forever", I can't see you when you turn sideways bodies.

Oh I'm sorry - did I denigrate.... Please forgive me.... NOT!

And the Extreme warmup continues.

3 rounds of shoulder work of 10 Reps of each arm with 5, 10 and 15# dumbbells of:

Front raises
Side raises
Rear raises
Presses
Curls

Then a buildup of weights for warmup for the Competition's 1st WOD with 20, 30, 40, 50# dumbbell.

Then a practice run for the 1st WOD.

Did 2 rounds of the:

11 one arm Snatches with a 50# dumbbell - 5 reps with the Left arm,  6 with the Right.

12 one arm Thrusters with a 50# dumbbell 6 and 6 on left and right respectively.

11 chest to bar pull-ups

With a 2 Minute hold of a 35# plate overhead between rounds 1 and 2 and after round 2.

Then bench press max practice.

Bar - 10 reps
95# - 10
135 - 10
185 - 6
205 - 5

205# for 5 reps suggests a 235 or 245# max which is pretty good for me after all the shoulder work and WOD 1 practice.

Yeah - all you Young, Strong and Chestless - the Old Man can put up some weight on the bench press so bring your A-game, your Bra and whatever else you need.

Tanned on the way home - Yes I tan so all you "Oh you're gonna get skin cancer" peeps can just hold your applause - I wanna look good, I don't care when I die - hopefully it will be before 70 so just STFU.....

 And then home and fixed a max out post workout meal.

Blackened pork chop and pan grilled Fuji Apple and sunflower honey bread with butter with condiments of honey mustard, Thai chili sauce and sour cream.

Bowl of homemade chicken soup with jasmine rice.

Bowl of stacked salad.

Creatine - protein drink.

Did I eat everything in the pic?

You fucking-A right I did.

Because there's this little thing that turns into a bigger thing - No I'm not talking about my dick - I'm talking about HYPERTROPHY!!

The Precept, Concept and Cornerstone of HYPERTROPHY is that you Lift Big and you Eat Big to Get Big!

Kind of Extreme - right?

Yeah - especially at 55.

Who wants to gain Lean Muscle Mass and get Bigger and Stronger at 55 years of age?

This Extreme Mother Fucker is raising both hands right now and saying "Sign me up Coach and put me in the Game!"

Will I eventually Crash and Burn in a Ball of Fire?

I sure as Hell Hope so.

Cause it damn sure beats Fading Away.

Extreme?

I guess - If the shoe fits wear it....

And I got 'em on both feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment