Donations to Discovery

Monday, April 30, 2012

OK Already!

I put some socks on. 
Geez - everytime I walk down the street people are staring at me - I guess I stick out like a sore thumb. 
But they especially are fixated on my feet. 
I don't know if it's taboo to not wear socks in public or if they are just shocked that I'm wearing sandals in 60 degF weather or what it is. 
But just as an experiment, I put some socks on. We'll see what happens with the gawking at my feet. 
I have very specific and experience based reasons for wearing what I wear and bringing the clothes that I bring on my different adventures. 
I wear the same clothes and have the same things in the same pockets on every trip whether it's the Hill Country of Texas, Cheyenne Wy, Saskatoon Saskatchewan or somewhere in Germany. 
It is not intended to be an affront to any style or culture or to call attention to myself - it is merely a case of comfort, convenience and practicality. 
I'll have a future post on what I wear and what I have with me at any point in time and you'll get the picture. 
Enough on that - let's go see Koblenz Germany!

1 comment: