Donations to Discovery

Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Bridge at Remagen

Being a hard core WWII buff, I have read much about the Bridge at Remagen and now I am standing at the site. 
As with the Old Cathedral at Cologne, it brings tears to my eyes knowing what both sides went through in those final days. 
It is especially meaningful and emotional to me now that I have seen parts of the country and how beautiful everything is and remember from my reading how much was destroyed. 
It was a dark time in our world's history that affected 10s of millions and laid the foundation for the modern world. 
It is best remembered by respecting and honoring those that fought for and served their countries. 

2 comments:

  1. Great history lesson and wonderful pictures. Hope you are enjoying your trip. Diana

    ReplyDelete