Donations to Discovery

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

YouTube Video for Leg 3A - Southeast Texas Loop - 336 miles

I did this tour to test out the new Old Man Mountain Racks and Ortlieb Panniers I had installed on my Trek 1500.

I also wanted to take a run up the Gulf Coast through Galveston and the Bolivar Peninsula to Beaumont and up into East Texas ..... places I visited and lived when I was growing up.

The Old Man Mountain Racks and Ortlieb Pannier System are a great combination and performed perfectly under some very adverse conditions.

The racks were Rock Solid and the Ortlieb Panniers were super high capacity (you can see much I had on the racks and in the panniers) and the Panniers were as WATERPROOF as they claim.

For more information on the Old Man Mountain Racks, visit http://www.oldmanmountain.com/ or call John at (805) 692-9950.

For info on the Ortlieb Panniers, go to http://www.thetouringstore.com/ at 1-800-747-0588.

Here's the link to the YouTube Video for the Southeast Texas Loop -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UvZrlP1CC0

3 comments:

  1. Bill,
    Just met you today when you knocked on my door in the rain at Brazos Bend SP. You were wearing that $6 rain outfit and said you just felt like going for a ride. My jaw must have dropped. You gave me your card and encouraged me to check out your blog. What you do is pretty incredible. You average 50 miles a day, but stop to take photos and interview folk and then post it all on your blog and Youtube. When do you sleep?
    jeff nelson
    jeffngina@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill,

    It was great to meet and talk with you.... it is actually the BEST part of what I do!

    I have met literally hundreds of nice folks since I started by Bike and Hike Adventure.

    It's those wonderful and positive experiences I have talking with folks that give me the energy and enthusiasm to keep pedaling from place to place.

    Being "out in it" as I refer to frequently in my blog and videos - whether it be cycling for 50 - 75 miles or hiking 10 - 15 miles actually gives me energy... but based on my short conversation and experience with you.... I think you already know that.

    Your body kinda tells you what you need... if you listen to it... so I pedal hard when I need to and sleep hard when I need to.

    You've made the Ultimate Commitment to Discovering America on 2 Wheels.... you've left everything behind and are living the lifestyle that truly represents the Fountain of Youth.

    God Bless You and your loved ones on your continuing travels.....

    And I hope to see you again.

    Please stay in touch!

    William Miller
    Discovering America on 2 Wheels
    Cell: 979-285-7219
    E-mail: arhth1@yahoo.com
    Blog: www.WillsOnWheels.blogspot.com
    YouTube Keyword: WillsOnWheels

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeff,

    Sorry I called you Bill... didn't proof my reply very well...

    William

    ReplyDelete