Donations to Discovery

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

So how's the prep for the Brazosport Bicycle Tour going?

Thanks for asking.... it's going about as well as can be expected.

Let's check where we are based on the plan:
  • Tour Information Packet - Pretty much done... but I'm still reviewing the route between sites and may make some minor changes to avoid a couple of bothersome intersections.
  • Virtual Tour Videos that will be uploaded to YouTube with links from the DA2W blog to show potential Tour Participants the Sites of Interests and Tour Route. Also done, but will take a few more video segments of the changes in route mentioned above.
  • Meeting with all the "Site" managers for the Tour Sites. Talked or met with most of them - am meeting with the head of the Lake Jackson Hike and Bike Committee today and still need to touch bases with the Lake Jackson Police and Fire Departments.
  • Researching / Surveying Site and Area Contacts for potential interest / demand for Bicycle Tours - So far all the feedback from the Site Managers and other folks I've talked to has been favorable.... I really won't know until I name a price and put the ads in the paper and see what kind of response I get.
  • Setting up a Business E-mail.... my new e-mail for contact for Discovering America on 2 Wheels is william@discoveringamericaon2wheels.com - Done
  • Securing a domain name for a website so that IF and WHEN I move all my activities from my blog to a website, I'll have a place to go.... so maybe someday you'll be logging on to http://www.discoveringamericaon2wheels.com/ - Done
  • Securing Liability Insurance - Have contacted McKay Insurance Agency out of Iowa http://www.mckayinsagency.com/. They specialize in this sort of insurance and are currently in the process of finding an underwriter for my policy and will get back with me this week on a final quote.
  • Creating a Registration Form and Waiver and process for potential Tour Participants to access and return the completed document. Have a first draft done - one long and one short - will review these with my attorney and finalize the document next week.
  • Setting up an LLC (Limited Liability Corporation) - I will do the registration on-line once I have the insurance quote and have the Waiver form approved by my attorney.
  • Details of Tour Schedule and Support. At this point, it looks like the 1st tour will be offered the 3rd Saturday of May.... May 15th, 2010 and I have secured ride support for it.
The Garage Sale was a success and I got just enough money to pay for the LLC, the 1st year's insurance  and pay for the next attorney's visit.... so Mission Accomplished there.

And I will likely fly back up to Albuquerue NM sometime in April, take the RailRunner Commuter train from Albuquerque to Santa Fe, get my Trek 3700 Mountain Bike and backpack out of storage, take my bike to the local bicycle shop, have it disassembled and packed in a box and UPS it back to Lake Jackson and take the train back to ABQ and fly back with my backpack.

That will get everything back to Lake Jackson.

I'll evaluate how the bicycle tours go over the summer and plan to do Leg 3 - Santa Fe NM to Los Angeles CA - sometime in the future.

So there you go.... there's your update on

Discovering America on 2 Wheels

No comments:

Post a Comment