Donations to Discovery

Thursday, December 29, 2016

Running the Human Race and Winning Everyday!

I have to kinda smile and chuckle inside when people in theses CrossFit-style workouts, or any workouts for that matter, say that they're just competing against themselves.

I almost wanna say - "Well then why are you here?" 

For me, the spirit of competition and learning from others around me in the spirit of competition, is a part of why I do what I do.

I look at the others around me in these workouts as a part of a competitive and elite community.

We are all individuals that, for whatever personal reasons, are seeking to better ourselves through a rigorous, varied, challenging and lifestyle functional program of exercise.



Despite me wearing my Extra Large Women's Pink Praxis tank top in deference to "Snatch" day, my Snatch sucked.

But that's OK.

I took my frustration out on a 5 Round + 3 Rep Rx WOD and walked away ruling my day anyway!


And followed up the 9 mile round trip bike ride and workout with a meal that satisfied the palate and the body's need for protein with a few creamy carbs thrown in:

1 link diced TJ's Jalapeno Chicken Sausage
1 - 2 oz link of diced Holmes Pecan smoked Beef sausage
2 slices of TJ's Peppered turkey bacon
1 cup of creamy southern style grits
2 over medium eggs
Garnish of fresh basil, kalamata olives, grilled artichoke hearts and fresh tomatoes.


I am running the Human Race and Winning Every Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment