Donations to Discovery

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Living in the World according to ______

It's a fatal flaw of mine that I am drawn to and seemingly attract very strong willed women.

I respect their independence of Life, Spirit and Perspective and apparently the respect is mutual.

Until the Clash of Independence and Wills occurs.

Strong-willed People, especially older Strong-willed People tend to have unshakable, unalterable views of Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

They also tend to be relatively sensitive to and intolerable of any thought, expression or action that challenges their personal view of how things should be done or how life should be conducted.

They exist in their Own World of Rights and Wrongs and no external force or being will change their Universe of Morals, Ethics, Axioms and Standards.

This self-confidence and rigidity of spirit and perspective creates its own kind of stubbornness.

I can speak on this matter with some authority because I are one and have experienced a few of like kind.

It's something I have worked on with limited success because frankly I consider it more of a liability than an asset.

I mean - come on - if you think you have it all figured out, that you know yourself and the world around you well enough to NEVER change or admit there could be a better way or to at least consider ideas, perspectives and actions that might lead to self-improvement, then by my definition, you are pretty much stagnant or some kind of....

God on Earth.

One Walk out of the World according to William has been to try to be tolerant of and flexible with relational "lines in the sand" drawn by my selected mirror images of the female persuasion and in seeking not to draw those same lines in the sand myself.

In reflection and consideration of repeated attempts in breaking out of the World according to William and trying to live in the World according to ______, I guess I'd have to say I haven't been successful at navigating the Stormy Seas of Compromise, Self-Service and Independence that one must sail through to get to the calm waters of a lasting and meaningful relationship.

Perhaps the solution begins at the beginning of the voyage in recognizing the inevitable outcome of trying to build and sustain a relationship with a mirror image of myself.

There has to be some neutral territory or middle ground between the...

World according to William and the
World according to William's Significant Other.

And that search may be more about changing William's World than finding a World for William to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment