Donations to Discovery

Friday, December 9, 2016

Deadliftathon and Facing what Faces you

Been fighting a cold virus most of the week but got a supply of Prednisone, Amoxicillin and ProAir inhaler from the Railyard Urgent Care Clinic and have just refused to succumb.

Interesting that my philosophy on being sick is no different than my philosophy when I'm well....

Keep moving.  Do everything you can do.  Even if you're having problems breathing, turn the oxygen over.

Put your body under physical stress and make it adapt.

I've tried it both ways - sitting around and suffering in a sedentary state - or staying wide open.

And wide open, I always get well faster.

I finally got a decent night's sleep last night so decided to push the envelope with a bike ride to Praxis and a workout that looked something like a session of marathon Deadlifts aka 

Deadliftathon.

Lots of stretching and deep breathing during the warm-up because the WOD was gonna be a back breaking, lung busting one of 'em.


Crazy Workout.

Strongest I've been in over 2 years.

Did 6 sets of deadlifts for the strength section:

225 for 3
275 for 2
315 for 1

235 for 3
285 for 2
325 for 1

Got the 325# on a single rep pretty easy and that set the 85% of the strength section max deadlift for the 10 min EMOM - Every Minute on the Minute - Deadlift 275# for 3 reps followed by 6 burpees.

Doesn't sound like much but you do that 10 times and you'll feel it.


Sometime you just have to tell life to.....

Swing batter-batter Swing!

Hit me with your best shot!


No comments:

Post a Comment