Donations to Discovery

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

The Seasons Pass whether we are there or not

This simple fact of life has gained more meaning with me over the past couple of years.

Despite having relocated to Santa Fe NM from the Gulf Coast of Texas, the fact is that my travel back and forth, whether it be to deal with the results of a lifetime of old injuries and physical deterioration or to work and make money so I can afford to stay in Santa Fe, has caused me to miss much of the transition of the seasons which was the reason I moved to Santa Fe in the first place.

Kind of ironic but perhaps appropriate.

That which we seek - for me a refuge and change from the one season of culture and seasons - is the very reason for missing the change of seasons I seek.

No comments:

Post a Comment