Donations to Discovery

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

The Beginning of the End - Part 1

So What's Up with this "Beginning of the End" title?

Well - as anyone knows who has been reading this blog, I have had a grand plan for lifestyle and residence location change that I have been executing over the past couple of years.

The last step of this plan was to sell my primary residence and begin a month to month temporary residence in cities in the Northern and Western states until I found a place that I couldn't live without.

When I signed a sales contract on my house the week before Thanksgiving, the closing was set for the Friday before Christmas meaning I had to go through everything in the house and weed out what I wasn't moving to storage.

The next couple of pics are a good representation of that process.

Room by Room, Closet by Closet, I got everything out and went through it to determine what I couldn't live without and what needed to move to a new owner.


One of the things that I wasn't gonna let this highly stressful, transitional time derail was my Lifestyle Foundation of Healthy Food and Working Out.

I was determined to keep up with  my Paleo meals - I won't even say Diet - because it's not... it is simply a Lifestyle Plan for Eating.

Pretty Typical High Volume Paleo meal here - New York Strip and Tilapia Fillets over Spring Mix and tomatoes - radishes - shredded carrots and a side of wilted kale all dressed with Balsamic Vinegar.



And here's a meal out at El Jimador - Al Pastor (Pork) Street tacos with charro beans..... yes the corn tortillas are not part of a Paleo diet but they just go so well with the meal I had to have them.



Back to Basics - thin cut New York Strip - seared in a cast iron skillet for a minute and a half on each side with a good portion of wilted kale and baked sweet potato and a Creatine mix - Fresca combo to drink.



Tilapia fillet and a thin cut Chicken Breast topped with sauted banana over spring mix and sunflower seeds and blueberry almonds.



Part of the Process of going through everything is seeing Your Whole Life in pictures.....

This was a tough emotional time for me.... seeing my past and remembering the good times with every picture and collage I went through.



I narrowed everything down to just the essentials for what I needed to live in the house during the time between the contract signing and the closing....



Yes - one of the essentials is my cast iron skillet and Paleo cooking!



Spring mix and tomatoes meets....



New York Strip, Kale and Baked Sweet Potato.



Believe it or not.... this is all the stuff I had in my kitchen that I didn't need.... and believe me I had already weeded out a lot of stuff....



This is part of the reason why America is so stressed out all the time....

We clutter our Lives, our Minds, our Whole Lifestyle with a bunch of Stuff we DON'T NEED!

This is why moving every 3 - 4 years is a good idea.

It forces you to reset your Lifestyle Operating System and Update to the New You and the New Life in the New Location.

It is all a part of your own.....

Discovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment