Donations to Discovery

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Beginning of the End - Part 3

I had a pretty severe groin injury on August 5th.  

It was misdiagnosed as an inguinal hernia but turned out I tore the pectinius muscle away from the pubic bone.

The pectinius is one of the 5 adductor muscles and this particular one runs from a connection at the hip to a connection at the pubic bone.

Anyway,  I did a lot of research on recovery from this injury and learned that l-leucine, a branch chain amino acid is one of the muscle building proteins that really speeds recovery from soft tissue injuries.....

So besides consuming low fat protein and tons of veggies.... 

I started a heavy regimen of 3 - 30g / serving per day protein supplements....

The idea was to build back the injured muscle and put on more muscle to boot.


And that has worked..... from a low of 166 - 168, I've put on about 5 pounds of muscle and a couple of pounds of fat and am now weighing in the 172 - 174 range.

With a lot of the gains coming in my upper and lower thighs.


Back to the process of moving and finding nostalgic things like these socks....


And an art project my daughter and I had done 15 years ago!


Really love the thin cut New York Strip steaks from HEB.... here accented by some fresh diced Fuji apples.


Continuing the CrossFit regimen....



Aaaah..... the Back Squat.... now that's something I can do!

And ascending rep deadlifts with 225#.....now that's different!


That was a tough workout....

Texas over Mustang....

Nice combo!


Blackened Pork Chop with a beautiful salad with avocado, chocolate almonds and my new High Energy favorite - Baked Sweet Potato!


With a massive portion of kale added.


How's that working for ya Bud?


Pretty freaking good!

No comments:

Post a Comment