Donations to Discovery

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Hello World! Thought I'd let you know one of my Top 10....


Things that piss me off!

Good morning.

Was thinking about something from a recent conversation.

I really don't like it when people ignore me or my requests for info.

Cases in point.

Email requests to a person I have recently worked for requesting scope of work info.

Conversational texts to family members.

Communications to family members requesting counsel / guidance / discussion on important matters.

I would much rather have someone respond and say...

"Listen. I got nothing for you."

"I can't talk now."

"That is something I don't feel comfortable talking about".

That I can handle.

But f'g silence or no response.

That tells me...

"You are not even important enough to me to warrant a response".

And that pisses me off.

And, more importantly, it reduces my respect for those people administering the silent treatment.

It's obviously a model that is promoted and followed by today's tippy toe culture but I think it's stupid and disrespectful.

If you don't want to talk to someone or comment on something or provide help for a request....

JUST SAY THAT!!

I don't necessarily like being shunned at times but I respect the honesty and forthrightness in telling me that You are just not gonna respond.

At least that's a response.

Wish the rest of the World would do that....

Would make my life easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment