Donations to Discovery

Monday, July 30, 2012

This ain't no Disco... This ain't no Country Club either... This is LA!!!


One thing I've learned on this trip is that things happen for a reason. 

When one door closes, another opens. 

The old me would've been kicking the closed door. 

Now I walk through the open door to see what's on the other side. 

If I had gotten a 2nd night at the Hostel, I would never have gotten to ride my bike across south LA down Santa Monica Boulevard. 

That my Friends, Romans and Countrymen....

Is a Discovery!


I kinda got off Santa Monica Blvd for a bit and rode through some nice residential neighborhoods. 

But that's Ok. 


Hit it!
This ain't no disco
It ain't no country club either
This is LA!

"All I wanna do is have a little fun before I die,"
Says the man next to me out of nowhere
It's apropos 
Of nothing
He says his name's William but I'm sure,
He's Bill or Billy or Mac or Buddy
And he's plain ugly to me
And I wonder if he's ever had a day of fun in his whole
life
We are drinking beer at noon on Tuesday
In a bar that faces a giant car wash
The good people of the world are washing their cars
On their lunch break, hosing and scrubbing
As best they can in skirts in suits

They drive their shiny Datsuns and Buicks
Back to the phone company, the record store too
Well, they're nothing like Billy and me, cause

[Chorus]
All I wanna do is have some fun
I got a feeling I'm not the only one

All I wanna do is have some fun
I got a feeling I'm not the only one
All I wanna do is have some fun
Until the sun comes up over Santa Monica Boulevard

I got to tell ya...

This is one helluva trip!!!

3 comments:

  1. Loving the experience of the nitty gritty of the town. Seeing the real town. Glad you are mellowing out. Enjoy your trip of discovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you listen to any of the songs I show on the blog?

    ReplyDelete